Psychometry is the psychic ability to sense or “read” the history of any object just by touching it. It is a form of “reading” the energy of an object. A person receives impressions from an object by holding it in their hands. These impressions can be perceived as images, sounds, smells, tastes and even emotions.
Psychometry therefore involves reading the vibrations from personal effects such as jewelry, photographs, watches, antiques, furniture, toys and other items of sentimental value. These vibrations are imbued into the objects by emotions and actions from the past. A person is therefore able to read the history and present status of the object. If an object has been owned by more than one person, you can get some information on the previous and present owners. You can also read how the object came about originally.
It is also a good way to be able to tune in or tap into a person’s energy and be able to get messages for them for the future. Obviously an item that has been recently bought and is new or has just been made will not have as many impressions as one that has been passed down through generations.
Guide to Reading Objects
- Make sure your hands are clean. By washing and drying your palms, you can wash off excess energy that you do not want to get confused with during the reading.
- Rub your hands together to develop a generous energy flow between your palms and fingers.
- Choose a location that is quiet and as free of noises and distractions as possible. Sit in a relaxed position with your eyes closed. Centre yourself and bring yourself into a meditative state. Rest your hands in your lap with your palms facing up.
- With your eyes remaining closed, ask someone to place an object in your hands. The person should not say anything. It’s best if there are several people in the room and you don’t know who gave you the object. The object should be something the person has had in their possession for a long time. Objects made of metal are best.
- Call in your guides, angels and ancestors and ask them to help you in the psychometry reading you are doing. Start by holding the item in your left hand (this is our receptive hand). Then observe the impressions you receive.
- Does the item feel hot or cold? Is there any energy emanating from the item? Express the way it feels to you both physically and psychically. Notice any pictures, thoughts or feelings you have about it. Express everything you notice that comes to you.
- Look at the item. Is it polished or dull? Is it irregular or ordered in shape? Has it been damaged? Does it have special emblems? What does this mean or indicate to you (if anything)? Express everything that comes to you.
- Thank your guides, angels and ancestors for their assistance.
Be sure not to judge the impressions you receive. These impressions may be strange and meaningless to you, but they might be of significance to the owner of the object. Trust yourself and don’t doubt the images or messages you receive. Also, some impressions will be vague and others might be quite detailed. Don’t edit anything, express them all. The more you practice, the easier it will get. Anyone can do it.