The Full Moon energy is all about releasing and letting go. Releasing people that no longer need to be in your life, negative energies, negative patterns, behaviours and toxic relationships. It’s all about being out with the old to make way for the new. It is a time to release that which no longer serves you, what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
The Taurus full moon on 25 October (24 October is other parts of the world) is all about helping us finding our strength. This is the strength that comes when we align with our centre and remain calm and open, even in situations that are volatile or difficult. This full moon is here to help stabilise and strengthen us to become aware of our triggers and our weak points, so we can find our calm whenever life brings a storm our way.
A full moon is always an opportunity to complete a ceremony or ritual to take full advantage of the full moon energies. The light of the full moon offers to illuminate the things that are interfering with our spiritual advancements. Once we have become enlightened to all the things that are blocking us, it is easier for us to let go of those things. A full moon ritual helps us to release or purge those things in our lives that no longer serve us such as addictions to food, drugs, sex, toxic relationships, behaviours and patterns.
- Full up bath tub with water
- Add two cups of epsom salt
- Add one cup baking soda
- Add half a cup of Himalayan pink salt
- Add herbs such as rose, lavender, mugwort to the bath tub
- Add 3-10 drops of essential oils such as lavender, lemon, geranium, patchouli, orange, peppermint and rosemary
- Surround bath tub with your favourite candles
- Surround the area with crystals such as tourlamine, obsidian, rose quartz, somkey quartz and clear quartz
- Add some rose petals to the bath tub
- Immerse yourself in the bath
Ritual bathing cleanses you both physically and spiritually which helps to purify both your body and your aura. Relax and enjoy your bath. Take your time. You can also use this time to meditate. Close your eyes and imagine the water cleansing and washing away everything you want to let go off. Visualise letting go of all the things you want to let go off and what your life would look like when all those things are no longer in your life. Mantras you can repeat whilst in the bath include:
- I release all negative energy
- I release all negative thought patterns
- I release all relationships that no longer serve my highest good
- I release everything and everyone that is no longer of service to my highest good
- I allow people and situations into my life that are of service to my highest good and my life’s purpose
- I open myself to receive guidance from my higher self
- I allow in only love, light and peace
Another ritual you can do during the full moon is a burning ritual. Before beginning, make sure that you are grounded, are in a calm and peaceful state and have a clear intent on what you want to achieve. Now write down a list of all the things you want to let go off – people (yes write down names), behaviours, patterns, frustrations, anger, habits, circumstances, a job…anything! Write that list and take it to your altar or other sacred space in your home and burn the piece of paper. Burn it over a candle or with a lighter. Let it burn slowly and whilst it is burning repeat some mantras (see above for guidance). Remember, whenever you release anything, a vacuum is created so it’s important to ensure that something else takes its place. The following words are helpful:
Dear Universe: I no longer need the lessons that these feelings, things, people or circumstances would teach me. If I haven’t already, I vow to learn these lessons in a different way that feels better and opens my heart. I invite emotions, people and circumstances into my life to serve my highest good. I intend that these things will fuel me to be of better service, to be more present, and to keep open my heart.
As you burn the piece of paper, visualise letting go of all the things that you have written down on the paper . Now visualise what your life would look like when all those things that you have written down are no longer in your life.
When you are finished, give thanks to your higher self, your guides, the moon and the universe!