The Chakra Series
For the next few days, I will be sharing a series of articles on chakras. What they are, what they do, what happens when they are out of whack and how to get them balanced AF!
What’s a Chakra fam?
- The Base or Root Chakra, our physical centre, is associated with the colour red.
- The Sacral Chakra or Navel Chakra, our creative and sexual centre, vibrates to the colour orange.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra, our power centre, is associated with the colour yellow.
- The Heart Chakra, our feeling and love centre, is associated more commonly with the colour green and less so with the colour pink.
- The Throat Chakra, responsible for communication and expression, is associated with the colour blue.
- The Third Eye Chakra, responsible for our intuition and extrasensory abilities, vibrates to the colour indigo.
- The Crown Chakra is the highest chakra and is associated with wisdom and enlightenment. It is associated with the colour white or purple.
How do I know if my chakras are poppin’ … or nah?
Generally, if something traumatic, unexpected, disappointing or unpleasant happens to us (e.g. emotional trauma, upheaval, loss, heart break) and we have not been able to heal that over time, then eventually one or more of our chakras will become imbalanced or blocked.
An imbalance with each chakra will manifest differently – on a physical, emotional and spiritual level – based on the specific chakra.